Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted to another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which can be found below.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, personal information has been removed from the manuscript's file properties.
For authors using Word on a PC, visit this Microsoft support page.
For authors using Word on a Mac, complete the following steps:
1) Open your document;
2) Navigate to Tools > Protect Document;
3) Under the "Privacy" section, check "Remove personal information from this file on save." Click OK;
4) Save your document.
Perspective pieces are shorter-length essays, peer reviewed by one reviewer.
JCLIS is open access in publication, politics, and philosophy. In a world where paywalls are the norm for access to scholarly research, the Journal recognizes that removal of barriers to accessing information is key to the production and sharing of knowledge.
Authors retain intellectual property and copyright of manuscripts published in JCLIS, and JCLIS applies a Creative Commons (Attribution-NonCommercial) license to published articles. If an article is republished after initially publication in JCLIS, the republished article should indicate that it was first published by JCLIS.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.